When I was studying in Helsinki School of Economics I had one course that I really loved and it was in my opinion the only truly interesting one. It was Philosophy 101 and our teacher was philosopher Maija-Riitta Ollila. Now, I'm not prone to person idolising but always want to show credit and respect for exceptional people. Razor sharp mind, ancient wisdom intertwined with kind heart and good manners is a combination I can't ever resist. This lady is my benchmark! The way she speaks is so elegant, well thought and keeps me on the edge of my seat, I never know where she's going when she starts and then in the end it all just makes so much sense.
Anyway, the other night she was on TV in one talk show and she made an excellent point about priorities. This is actually something I think once in a while myself, I just never knew its background. Saint Francis of Assisi introduced an idea of Sister Death. If one should live to 80 years of age that's roughly speaking about 29 200 days. It's a good idea to check every now and then one's own timeline. I've already spent almost (exactly) half of my days. If I have about 15 000 days to see, how do I want to spend them? It quite quickly puts things in order and helps to figure out what really is important and what just seems to be. Quite a few things are very trivial in the end. And some seemingly trivial things actually quite important.
So, if there is anybody reading this blog that thinks is too old, too weak, too fat, too young, too anything to do whatever makes them feel happy, content and passionate I urge you to stop hesitating and start living your dreams.
And what about the definition of hell? In hell you'll learn what your potential could have been. If that is hell, what is the opposite? Finding and realizing one's potential - whatever that means to each. Sounds good to me. I say let's do it.
torstai 29. huhtikuuta 2010
Tilaa:
Lähetä kommentteja (Atom)

Hey Hot Yogini,
VastaaPoistayou got it to the point, sister. I have some Maija-Riitta Ollila in my library, I think I go and undust it..
Thanks for sharing these thoughts!
- Another yogini