maanantai 28. kesäkuuta 2010

The Knee is Locked

28 days, 48 classes, 50 asanas, 37 degrees, 23 students, 7 teachers, a beautiful Sanctuary and a tropical island...What can I say - this has been a beautiful journey and instead of thinking it has come to its end, I know it's a beginning of something beautiful. Against my initial doubts, I now feel fully ready to take the next step and start teaching yoga.

The last week has been full of work and study. Our group for the peer assignment was absolutely wonderful. We supported each other 110% and worked so hard to help whoever was teaching by giving our energy and best possible practice. We shared the joy after each accomplishment, as well as quite a few (happy) tears. Yoga and emotions kind of walk hand in hand, this we all have learned.

My own peer assignment went pretty well. We were practicing in room 411 and even though it wasn't that big of a room, it had nice energy in it. We kept the windows and doors open and the students had a beautiful view over the hills and the sea. It was almost as practicing out in the nature. I loved it. Towards the end the sun set and evening grew darker. We experienced a beautiful thunder storm and final Savasana was emphasized with amazing lightnings. Even the nature was working with us. I got good feedback from Pim and the students and was very happy about that. In the beginning it was so hard to believe that we could ever teach anything and here we are - teaching quite comfortably every single one.

Yesterday was a day of overwhelming emotions. Our morning practice was a silent practice (although I felt a momentary stomach turn when John said This morning's practice will be a silent practice and I heard This morning's practice will be assignment practice - we've experienced quite a few lost in translation moments over the course.) The room wasn't too hot and I decided to add some heat to my practice with a tender Ujjayi breathing. The practice was so beautiful, I managed to keep the same rhythm and breathing throughout my practice - even in Balancing Stick and Bows. The beauty of yoga to me is in those moments when we move effortlessly to our breath and experience this amazing flow feeling. I've been so sore for the last week and I was so happy to have a good practice on our last day. The final Savasana was lovely and when we opened our eyes everyone had received a lovely gift (won't spoil it here) but to me it was something very special and there where a river of tears all around the class room.

We also had a written exam and then Lucas shared very interesting info about the possibilities in Absolute Yoga network. It was very reassuring - we get to keep in touch after the training as well. I have no idea where I can start teaching, I just know that I really want to do it.

In the afternoon we had one more peer class and Varisa and Tess were wonderful teachers. After dinner we all gathered in the studio and finally got our certificates. They looked lovely and the deep sense of accomplishment was colored with mixed emotions of joy and laughter and sadness of good byes. We ended the night in Chaweng by partying and dancing. Harreson always played us some music before our practice teaching and when those same tunes were played in the bar we totally shook the place down. It was a blast.

I'm writing this in the Love Kitchen and it seems like another beautiful, sunny day is coming. Many of us has already left. I'm staying for another week to do some apprentice training and joining in to Hot Yoga Immersion (Kill Bill style as I learned yesterday.) Today is a day off and I will take it really easy and probably end up at the beach to get a massage. It's one of the things I will miss for sure when back in Finland.

Ans, Cigdem, Jarna, Jason, Jii Young, Kristin, Laura (my lovely roomie), Laura (my fellow Finn), Leticia, Lilian, Lishan, Mary, Mona, Lily, Randall, Rosemarie, Santi, Suzannah, Tess, Tangqua, Varis, Witou. John, Pim, Harreson, Jeanne, Rachel, Lucas.
From the bottom of my heart I thank you all, I love you all. My highest in me bows to the highest in you.

I leave you with a few randoms from our journey:

Bone by bone.

Bug towel.

Multi-tasking.

Feet together, arms up.

Body down, leg up!
This posture is only 10 seconds (btw.)

Change.

Lips down.

Any questioooons?

Hips scared!

Coconut juice.

Coconut ice cream.

Steam room.

Canadian fish.

Swimming pool.

Pole dancing.

Full moon.

It's not about You, it's about Yoga.

We all have a good heart in Yoga.

Eight limbs (or was it legs?.)

Happy Camel.

Dorsi-flex.

Eka mukha pada paschimottanasana.

Child's pose.

Savasana.

Lock the knee. This is your last chance!

Trust the ____ Process.

Namaste.


It's been a blast. Thank you for reading.
Love and Light.

Your,
Certified Yoga Teacher.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti