Week 3 is over and done. This week has been more of a struggle than week 2. Many of us went through a lot of tiredness in week 2 but for me this week was hardest so far. There is some kind of flu virus going around and I've been ill from last Friday. Lots of sneezing and coughing, so it's pretty tiring. But as they say in Yoga when one meets struggle and resistance: Just breathe and soon things are better again.
We still have the same schedule and have to learn the lines but we're almost at the end with the dialogue. Our training has shifted even more towards teaching and we keep having these insane classes where we teach in turns and naughty twins Pim and Harreson create all imaginable scenarios in the class. Phones are ringing, imaginary spiders cover the yoga studio, we need to go out and pick up things + major misbehavings in asanas. After handling these two we're pretty much able to face up any student. I'm pretty sure my students won't hop around in tightest and lowest eagle I've ever seen to go after their water bottle...
It's amazing how much more comfortable all of us have grown in our teaching. We have moved from pre class 'oh my god-cant remember any of my lines - will die" mode to
'oh my god-cant remember all of my lines - will survive" mode. I'm quite happy that they told us in the beginning, that we will for sure experience up and downs throughout our training and that our development won't be linear by any means. I'm still very much in good spirits, I really enjoy my time here.
This week we have learned more of Kriya cleansing techniques and I find them fascinating. I firmly believe that via Yoga practice (and here I mean the asana and the spiritual practice) we hold the keys to perfect health. This series gives so much energy and heals so fast, that it's quite mind blowing. Of course we have aches and pains for doing two practices per day, but still I'm amazed how much can be altered in such a short time. I'm also quite grateful that we are introduced to so many aspects of Yoga that we can explore more deeply on our own.
This coming week will be full of challenges, since now we start to teach full 90 minute classes. I'm a bit nervous since I just had a 90 minute massage at the beach and was doing the dialogue in my head.I only got to the end of the standing series which is not so good news. I don't think my students want to have 3 hour classes so need to come up with some sort of solution :) NOW I understand why we need to know the dialogue by heart.
Today I was introduced to Sanctuary's steam room and it was love at first sight. I love that room, reminds me of Finland. Except for drinking beer we have fresh coconut juice when cooling down.
So I'm off to take some deep breaths.
Thanks for reading.
tiistai 22. kesäkuuta 2010
Tilaa:
Lähetä kommentteja (Atom)

Soon there will be a time when you look back at your training, wondering what was it like NOT knowing the dialogue by every last dot!
VastaaPoistaOnce again, I'm happy to hear everything is fine.
...but you are still coming back home, aren't you?
:( kauhea kaipuu.